


When I turned 21, my gift was this beautiful, fluffy Persian cat; this tiny little kitty covered in fur with the most inquisitive personality. He was gray-blue with amber eyes, and I named the little angel Paisley. He and I lived in Athens for the next 3 years, and I loved playing chase with him, rubbing his back, and having him sleep at my feet. Paisley really is the smartest cat ever - he's helped my dad find bats, told us where his brother is, and sometimes he'll even respond when you talk to him. While he's kind of a snob (as so many cats are), he's really protective and thoughtful. If he could talk, I'm pretty sure it would be in a British accent.
Paisley has a brother named Oliver, or Ollie cat. When I got Paisley, my Baboo got Ollie, and Ollie brought my Baboo and Gongaman so much joy too. Now, my parents have Ollie full-time.
In the process of me graduating from UGA and moving to a non-cat-friendly house in Atlanta, Paisley moved home to have a little vacay with my parents. Over the course of my and David's engagement before the wedding, we all decided that it was best to let the brothers stay together - they tussle in the mornings, receive daily brush-brushes, and basically rule the roost. Paisley really likes hanging out with my brothers and dad, while Ollie seems to like my mom and Abbye the best. Even though David and I have Sandy here at our house in Gainesville, I miss Paisley every day. There's a portrait of him in my hallway that I see every morning. Its awesome to know that my parents and siblings take great care of him, and I am so appreciative of that. He loves living there with them, and he and Ollie are truly a part of our family!
Happy Birthday Paisley!





No comments:
Post a Comment
I love when you leave us comments on what we have going on!