skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Baxter and Sandy
One year ago, we welcomed our little bundle of joy, Sandy. After getting home from work one day, David and I ventured out for dinner at the Sweetfire Grille. At the time, we were shopping for a new car. When we finished dinner we moseyed across the street to check out a car lot. We were oooing and ahhhing at several new cars when this sweet little cry came from the tiniest kitten I've ever seen. Naturally, I scooped the little nugget up. After searching the lot and behind the dealership for a mommy kitty and brothers and sisters to no avail, we decided that she was ours. Here she is eating her first bit of kitten food!
David and I wanted the tiny thing to have a name reminiscent of our favorite college town - Athens. Since we've got Baxter Griffin, we thought Sandy (after Sanford Stadium) really suited her. The first few weeks, we didn't even know if she was male or female - our vet told us that when we rescued her from the lot she was only 2-3 weeks old! We kept her separated from Baxter while she gained some weight and adjusted to life in our family. Gradually, we immersed them to spend all of their time together. I will admit, there were plenty of times when David and I asked "Did we do the right thing?" The picture above answers that question with a big "YES!" After Baxter got over initially wanting to eat her, he fell head over heels in love, or maybe just developed a real bond as her big brother. Sweet Baxter - He and David had it all figured out for over 3 years, then all the sudden not one, but two females move in to turn their bachelor lifestyle upside down!
Sandy has acclimated nicely with Amanda's Golden, sweet Ally girl too. Who would have ever guessed this when we were using a water bottle to train Baxter not to bark 2 inches from Sandy's face?
And now, their love story is just plain beautiful. She crawls all over him...
...cuddles with him...
...sleeps on his back...


...even pokes her feet in his face!
I couldn't resist the cuteness of her little paw prints running across our freshly made bed!


Baxter is so much like my David - protective, calm, loyal, observant. He's truly the best dog we could ever ask for.

I mean, look at them! She helps him stay clean! Is it soul mates or best friends? Either way, we are extremely proud parents!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love when you leave us comments on what we have going on!