When thinking of a fun theme for my hub's big 30th birthday bash, the thought of "David's Bar" came to mind...a party a bit like
Cheers -
where everyone knows your name. I'm sure it's
not hard to believe, but I have been planning this night for months! And while he was at work, I was workin' away on the fun deets for the soiree. I wanted to share the particulars for the evening; after all, the love is in the details, right?
.jpg) |
| I had great help in George and Tarvos! They helped hang the amazing sign that my sis Abbye and her friend Alli made! Loved it! |
 |
| When David rounded the corner on his way to the Coody Cabin, this is what he saw up ahead. |
.jpg) |
| And this is what he saw as he was approaching the house! |
I ordered matches (b/c what great bar doesn't have their own matches laying around?) and personalized napkins for the night. I also made this cute label for the match basket.
 |
| Since "B" was for birthday boy, I found plenty of other things that began with "B" to remind David of so many things he loves! |
 |
| And in keeping with the theme, I found these adorable cuff links as the gift for my birthday boy. |
And now here are the photos from the actual party this past Saturday night at my parent's river house in Hawkinsville. I
could not have pulled it all off without the enormous help from my parents, 3 siblings, Laura Lyn and Amy - they were all the
best help ever!!!
 |
| As guests climbed the stairs from the ground, they were greeted with a guest book to sign, piles of matches, and notes to write the birthday boy special wishes! |
 |
| Balloons marked the way up the steps! |
 |
| I made lots of pom poms in red, aqua, and blue to make the porch more festive! |
 |
| That's my awesome Dad grilling sausage and shrimp for the guests! |
 |
| I had pictures of David everywhere...and here, Amy and I strung streamers across the beams. |
 |
| Isn't he the cutest thing ever? |
 |
| I totally swoon over his high school graduation pic - hottie!!! |
 |
| With the help of a few friends collecting beer bottle tops, I fastened burlap around my mom's hurricanes and tied them with red ribbon and a bottle top. |
 |
| Cupcakes were available for dessert - I had strawberry, chocolate on chocolate, vanilla cake with chocolate, and red velvet - they were delish! And David's initials graced the tops of the cupcakes. |
 |
| In keeping with the "bar" theme, we fed our guests by hosting a taco bar! |
 |
| The tacos were so good - we had all the fixin's and my mother in law's famous layered salad! |
 |
| I had to show you all the gorgeous card that our talented friend Alli made in her art studio for the birthday boy....its Bar:30 Baby! |
 |
| And I loved the inside too! |
 |
| One last detail...as guests entered the party, my sister Abbye and brother Asa "checked ID's", and stamped everyone's hand with the entry stamp. How fun is this? My mom found this online and had it made with David's face! |
The night was awesome, and I really do appreciate everyone's help with the party!
Stay tuned for pictures of the guests!
Wow! This was so amazing! You made this so special and really thought of every detail. I hate we missed the fun but couldn't wait to see the picutes and hear all the details. Happy Birthday Dave!
ReplyDeleteEverything looks great, Maggie! I hate that we weren't able to come! I can't wait to see more pics!
ReplyDelete