August 30, 2011

A Pool Party

 On Saturday night, my parents helped host a party for William Bembry and his bride-to-be, Morgan Wood. When David and I were engaged, William's parents hosted us the most lovely low country boil at their home. My parents, along with David's parents, the Grady Griffins, my aunt Jill, and a few other couples planned a party around the pool. Our menu included hamburger sliders, layered salad, crab cakes, corn salad, marinated shrimp, and mango sorbet for dessert. It was a great night catching up with hometown friends, and enjoying delicious food! Mom and I worked so hard to get ready for the party, so I took a few photos that I wanted to share!
One of the starters was shot glasses filled with avocado soup made by Mrs. Vicky Griffin. They were delicious!

The bar had beer and wine, and two salsas to munch on.

Asa and Sydney joined us too!


Cutest bartenders on the block!


That's the happy couple on the right - William and Morgan.



The candle light was magical when the sun finally set!







The afternoon was so pleasant - definitely warm, but not so humid. Not a cloud in the sky (Irene definitely missed us in the deep south), and after the sun set, it was wonderful! The fire pit was on for "ambiance", but we didn't need the heat at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you leave us comments on what we have going on!