August 1, 2011

Family visit

On Friday afternoon, my parents, baby bro Asa, and his gf Sydney arrived at our house for the night. Once they unloaded, we headed down to the boat for a sunset cruise before having dinner. I cooked from Gwyneth's My Father's Daughter cookbook - yes, I am still obsessed. My fam (minus Brince and Abbye) came to spend the night with us before we all headed to Young Harris, Georgia for our family friend Sarah Lamar's wedding at the gorgeous Brasstown Valley Resort. Here's a peek into our Friday night!
Sydney and Asa on our afternoon boat ride.

I had to include a pic of our meal - it was both pretty and delicious. I did Gwyneth's Ten Hour chicken from her cookbook and her Stuffed Artichokes. David grilled us some veggies as a side.

Happy Family Time!

On Saturday, my Dad gave me a much-needed pressure cooker lesson. He's a wiz at the pressure cooker!  We have a freezer stocked with peas and beans, and this makes cooking them for David and I super easy!

After my cooking lesson, we all gathered around to Skype Abbye in Madrid. Her 21st birthday is tomorrow, and since we were all together (minus Brince-o) we lit her a few candles and sang "Happy Birthday". Her birthday present is a trip to Las Vegas with her ultra-cool big sis (me!), bro-in-law David and big bro Brince, along with her bff Stacey! The trip was a surprise to Stace too. Our awesome friends Colby and Jamie are joining us for the weekend as well! We have some super fun things planned for our fun group!

You can see how excited Stacey was! I think she was in shock!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you leave us comments on what we have going on!