October 17, 2011

A family wedding in Atlanta

David's first cousin, Kathryn, was married over the weekend in Atlanta. Have you seen her parent's house that I have been working on?
The weekend began on Friday with me working at the home of the parents of the bride getting ready for the brunch on Sunday. I set tables, arranged the bride's gifts, made sure everything was clean, and moved things out of the way for the caterers. (Look for a post about the brunch on Wednesday on my Bellissimo and Bella blog!)
Later on Friday, David and I joined the Griffins for a spaghetti dinner at the Griffin condo. My parents arrived on Saturday in time to have a late lunch at Noche in Town Brookhaven before we got dressed for the 6:30pm wedding ceremony. Here's a few photos from the reception, and a few of the brunch.  
The wedding was at the Lutheran Church of the Redeemer on Peachtree - only two blocks from the reception site - the Fox Theatre's Egyptian Ballroom.


Loved that they were featured on the marquee!

This image is from Google, but really shows the detail and grandeur of the ballroom, much more than my camera can.

The flower arrangements were gorgeous! Different heights, but all contained the hydrangea, roses, and berries.



Bride and groom dance.

Father-daughter dance

Aiden was my little buddy for the night! We missed Fain, but were happy to have Aiden there!

This beautiful boy was having fun!

The groom (far left guitarist) and his band played for about half an hour! They were so good - wish they would've played longer! Aiden and I did enjoy a short dance though.

The mother of the bride, Caron, is in the gold - dancing with her buddies!


So glad my parents could come too!

At the brunch on Sunday, Ben and Aiden enjoyed the new indoor swimming pool!


1 comment:

  1. Maggie, I love your dress! Please share where you got it!!

    ReplyDelete

I love when you leave us comments on what we have going on!