July 17, 2011

Hardin Beach Time

Last week was my and David's summer vacation. It began with time in PCB with my Mom's side of the family - we are the 4th generation to vacation there, and we go as often as possible. The next stop would be Mexico Beach for the Griffin Beach Week. Our nephew, Ben, is also the 4th generation to vacation in MB. As you can gather, there's a lot of family history on the gulf for both of us. Our great vacation was capped off with my Mom's 50th birthday party this past Friday at my parent's house. First, I wanted to share a few pics of our time in PCB.
On Friday night, the whole crew of 12 headed to Boondock's. Here are some of the cousins: L-R. Katie, Me, Hugh, Tana, Gracie, Chandler, and David. Ivy and Asa had been there earlier in the week. Brince had to work, and Abs is overseas.

David and I at Boondocks, on the Intercoastal Waterway

Love him!

My Mom, her Aunt Bren (my great Aunt), cousin Jamie, and my Aunt Jill.



Beach time! This is where they were parked for a week!

Ben and Amanda hung out with us on Saturday! We were so excited! He was ready for the slide!

He loves his Day-da!

David even agreed to try out the slide!

We had so much fun with Ben drinking from the water keg.....he loved having us "pour" it in his mouth!

After an incredible meal at George's on Saturday night with David, Gongaman, and Mom, we snooped around this gorgeous beach front tree house. Its simply magical, and this photo doesn't do it justice! It was like a dream!
On Sunday, Mom, David and I headed to Destin to hit our favorite antique store, Smith's, and a few shops at the outlets.

2 comments:

  1. maggie and david - I loved seeing all the family pictures - Hardin and Griffin- great to see my cousins and their little ones. Of course seeing Henry grow was a highlight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maggie and david - I loved seeing all the family pictures - Hardin and Griffin- great to see my cousins and their little ones. Of course seeing Henry grow was a highlight.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you leave us comments on what we have going on!