June 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Mimi!

On Saturday morning after breakfast, the whole Coody crew traveled back south down the interstate for the rest of the day's festivities. David and I headed to SummerHill Nursing Home in Perry to help set up for his 90 year old grandmother Mimi's birthday party. My MIL did a great job of planning the fete. My parents joined us for the party too and we had the nicest time visiting with everyone.
David and I brought three bouquets of the gorgeous hydrangeas that grow in our yard....how incredible is this shade of blue? My MIL had lots of sweet photos of our Mimi around too, and had used her vintage table cloths to cover the round tables.

This is Mimi and her husband Hank.

Pammy did the most amazing job of pulling this special party together. She had a delicious coconut cake for Mimi's birthday, a  chocolate cake for Father's Day, and plenty of other treats to boot - pecan pie brownies, sugar cookies, cheese wafers, pound cake, white chocolate macadamia cookies, chips, egg salad in biscuits, and Amanda's toasted pecans.


David and I stopped to grab some balloons for Mimi...and treated her to a bottle of wine too. :) I love this photo - that's Mimi on the right with her two sisters.  

What a pretty spread!


Pammy invited all of the special people in Mimi's life, and most of them made the trek to visit her. Also, the residents and nurses from Mimi's hall came to enjoy a treat too.

And this little guy, was, of course, there to celebrate too!

He was a cutie pie in his outfit....he explained that he was wearing one of his flip flops from his red pair, and one of the flip flops form his blue pair - they were his party decorations. Talk about festive!

Aiden, the other little cutie pie, looked adorable in his outfit too. So handsome!

Here's Mimi's clan - that's Pam's brother Chris on the left, next to Pam's sister Noel, her daughter Pamela with son Lange in the back, Pammy, Mimi's sister Shirley (who's 87!), Amanda with Ben, my David and the birthday girl upfront.

Look at those smiles!

And man! Is he not THE cutest grandson ever?


I found a little photo book-making kit at Paper Source, and made this for Mimi for her birthday. I filled it with pictures of her family so she could show her visitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you leave us comments on what we have going on!