June 11, 2011

Girl's Beach Trip


When the Memorial Day weekend was over, and everyone headed home on Monday morning, David stuck around with me, and soon after, Mom and Abbye arrived. We had dinner at Bonefish and saw Water For Elephants that night - so good! On Tuesday, David left super early, and Mom, Abbye and I headed down to the beach for a bit while waiting on the crew to arrive - Pammy, Amanda, Ben, Aunt Vicky, and Aiden! They joined us at the beach that afternoon, and we stayed in Tuesday night. On Wednesday, Mom, Pammy, Vicky and I headed to Destin for some shopping. And the last full day - Thursday - was spent under an umbrella again. Lovely week with family! Here's a few of our adventures!
This huge slide was there for the week - and the little boys loved it! I was so excited to show it to them before they got there!

Perfect afternoons

They had so much fun jumping from bunk-to-bunk!

Pre-dinner cocktails by the pool while the boys swam!




An afternoon visit to the Seaside Market...


And an afternoon drink by the Caliza pool at Alys Beach.


Thursday was another beautiful day to spend on the beach and by the pool. I let the boys bury me in the sand which was so funny! And then we all took turns burying them. I think Aiden was sorta comfy under there, but Ben can't sit still for that long!



About mid-day, Mom and Pammy scooted upstairs to bring our picnic down. This is probably my favorite thing we do at the beach. All my life, we've eaten the umbrella - taking turns being the one to go upstairs and fix lunch for everyone. Its lovely, and you never have to leave the beach!

That afternoon, we headed to Boondock's to ride the air boat!




The little boys were so cute and wanting to see an alligator in the water so bad! We settled for this one in the tank.


Our whole group! Such a fun week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you leave us comments on what we have going on!