Our first time catching the Jitney out to Long Island was interesting. My mom had done a great job organizing the trek, but we were rushing, just in case - we made it in plenty of time. The President was in NYC, so traffic was worse than usual, so better to be safe than sorry! Bringing all those big suitcases down 5 flights of stairs made for a workout early in the morning. We were frenzied and happy to get to our Jitney stop, and be on our way to Quogue!

Once we settled in on the bus, they handed out Page Six - this is a fun way to pass the time!
When we arrived in Quogue, Patti was waiting at the bus stop. Quogue is one of the villages on Long Island, along with Sag Harbor, Sagaponack, Southampton, etc.
Driving up her driveway is a pure treat....her yard looks wonderful and lush all thanks to Patti's green thumb.
This is Patti's adorable living room...just the coziest and most welcoming house!
Abbye and I were stoked to be able to spend our 3 nights in this precious bedroom...

And her backyard! What a dream!


Patti ushered us on the best tour of Quogue and the surrounding villages. We had lunch at her beachclub and took a nice walk in the sand.





During our drive around Southhampton and West Hampton, we passed by the prettiest vineyards.
That night, Patti, our fabulous hostess, prepared a delightful meal - homemade guacamole, cheese and crackers for apps; freshly picked corn (that Mom and I shucked!) fresh green beans, and salmon. We finished the amazing meal with a wonderful key lime pie from the local bakery.
Friday morning was beautiful, and we enjoyed chatting over coffee and danishes on Patti's porch as we waited on Holly's arrival. I had the pleasure of meeting Holly last year when my Hollie Hill and I had lunch with her; then we connected briefly in Hawkinsville, so I was excited for a little more time with her. After lunch, we took a walk through East Hampton and Bridgehampton.
Holly met up with her friend Dylan Lauren. We got to meet Dylan before she and Holly slipped off to chat, and we slipped off to her (lil) candy store for some delicious fudge and a red velvet cupcake!


With it being such a lovely day in Quogue, we dined on the Shinnecock bay at SunWater's for dinner.

Here are a few of the amazing homes along the shore...
... and a beautiful sunset to cap off a great day together.
Patti took us all to walk through Quogue and to meet some of her friends on Saturday morning before we took the Jitney back to The City. The Quogue Country Market is just one of those great little grocery stores with all of these fabulous, locally made things and a fantastic sandwich bar. When we entered the market, Tyra Banks was checking out with her boyfriend! Naturally, Abbye and I were completely starstruck. We didn't dare bother her, but we stared at her from behind a bottled water display until she left the store.

After 2 years of wanting to make this trip, we finally did; and we had the best time! We are already planning on a return trip to Quogue asap! I absolutely love being with my Mom and Abbye - anywhere I can go and hang out with them is happy for me!
Driving up her driveway is a pure treat....her yard looks wonderful and lush all thanks to Patti's green thumb.
This is Patti's adorable living room...just the coziest and most welcoming house!
Friday morning was beautiful, and we enjoyed chatting over coffee and danishes on Patti's porch as we waited on Holly's arrival. I had the pleasure of meeting Holly last year when my Hollie Hill and I had lunch with her; then we connected briefly in Hawkinsville, so I was excited for a little more time with her. After lunch, we took a walk through East Hampton and Bridgehampton.

After 2 years of wanting to make this trip, we finally did; and we had the best time! We are already planning on a return trip to Quogue asap! I absolutely love being with my Mom and Abbye - anywhere I can go and hang out with them is happy for me!





No comments:
Post a Comment
I love when you leave us comments on what we have going on!