 |
| Our first day of the yardsale! Yikes! It was early! |
 |
| And the car was packed full!!! |
 |
| Between my mom and me, my Aunt Dinah, our friends Patti and Suzanne, my MIL Pammy, and Aunt Vicky, we had a TON of fabulous stuff to sell. Friday was a big day....we only had a little bit to pull back out on Saturday morning. |
 |
| Tons of lamps! |
 |
| And enough bedding and pillows to outfit a few houses! |
 |
| My Dad's office parking lot is the perfect place to set up...it was awesome to have access to his kitchen for coffee and his ladies' room! :) |
 |
| David and I bought this sofa from his Aunt Vicky....we are going to recover it for our new house! David was in and out while we women tended to the sale. I love being from a small town, and was able to see a lot of friendly faces that I grew up with over the weekend. |
 |
| On Saturday, Meredith came through on her way from SSI...I was so happy to see my friend!!! And wished I could've visited more...but she was on the hunt for treasures too! |
 |
| Friday was a bit overcast, but Saturday of the yardsale was sunnier...check out this sunburn I got where my sleeve ended! |
On Sunday afternoon after church and lunch, my Dad took David and I along with my Mom and cousin Gracie for a drive around the farm. This farm has grown over many generations, and it's gorgeous to see what's being planted and grown on Coody land. My Dad has done an amazing job of maintaining it and making room for more crops to be planted, and roads to be made.
 |
| Here's a wheat field. Other fields will have corn, cotton, or peanuts. While my dad loves farming more than anything, other farmers lease and tend the land. |
 |
| Mr. Coyote was hunting in this field. He's the black speck to the left of the tree line. |
 |
| This huge oak tree is generations old...its got a hollow core where animals burrow in the winter. |
 |
| Gracie and me |
 |
| David and me |
 |
| And my adorable parents |
 |
| These fields will have Hardy Farms peanuts planted in them |
While riding around, we stopped at one of the old Coody cemetaries tucked under a few trees on the edges of one of the fields. I hope you don't find this morbid! I just thought the headstones were charming, and the dates on them fascinating!
 |
| I think this would be my great-great-great grandfather.... |
 |
| S.B. Coody had 3 wives, and outlived all 3 of them. The first two died in childbirth. |
 |
| This gorgeous azalea grows at the current Coody cemetary. |
 |
| And these cows graze close by too. |
Hope you enjoyed this little mini-tour!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love when you leave us comments on what we have going on!