May 6, 2011

Family Photos

While sorting through things at my grandparents' home, I gathered as many of the old photos in frames as I could find. I brought them home with me to scan them in, to insure that nothing happens to them and we all have access to the digital copies. All my life, these sat on a tiered shelf in the living room at Mama Doris and Datee's. When I took them out of frames, MD had handwritten explanations of who it was and when these were taken. There are many of both Datee and Mama Doris' family, dating back to 1844. I wanted to share a snippett of them with you all.
A young Charles Robert Coody in uniform

Virginia Doris Woods, Age 5 months

Virginia Doris Woods in 1946, Age 18

Left to Right:
Mamie Woods - Mama Doris' Aunt
Jim Tippett Woods - Mama Doris' Uncle
Emma Love Woods - Mama Doris' Grandmother, My Great-Great-Grandmother
Willie Belle Woods Anderson - Mama Doris' Aunt
Thomas Edward Woods Sr. - Mama Doris' Dad, My Great-Grandfather

Another photo of young Datee

Mama Doris in 1949, Age 21

Mama Doris with my Uncle Bruce, My Aunt Dinah, and My Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you leave us comments on what we have going on!