Its no secret my affection for my favorite kitchen utensil - my handy dandy Magic Bullet mixer. I've had so many people ask "What all can you make with it?" Well, add this one to your list with homemade guacamole, pesto, and salad dressing...mashed cauliflower. Yep, cauliflower to take the place of your beloved mashed potatoes. I know I am not the only one out there who tries to eat healthy, so this is a great substitute for those carb cravings. And, a diet rich in cruciferous vegetables like kale, collards, broccoli, cabbage and brussel sprouts is essential. David and I eat a really low carb diet (save for those occasional frozen yogurts and bread in the restaurant basket! Oh, and does wine count? :/ ), so this was a nice alternative to mashed potatoes that can have up to 18 grams of carbs per serving! Yikes! The healthy cauliflower only has 2-3 grams of carbs! Now that's my kind of substitute!
 |
| I mean, do these mashed potatoes and gravy not look divine? |
 |
| But these mashed cauliflower with chives look equally as good! |
 |
| My ingredients: sauteed tomatoes with basil; reduced fat milk; Smart Balance; cauliflower; and my Magic Bullet. |
 |
| After adding all the solids into the bullet mixing cup, I filled it with milk to create a creamier texture. |
 |
| They look great! |
 |
| And placed on the plate with grilled salmon, grilled asparagus, and sauteed spinach, they were wonderful! |
Looks delicious! Wish I had this for dinner tonight. I actually have some cauliflower now that I was going to mash to see if Brian could tell the difference. I'll let you know if I can trick him.
ReplyDelete